If you’re wondering whether or not you should use lubricated screws, let us guide you. Lubricated screws offer a range of benefits and are essential in many applications. The choice between lubricated and nonlubricated screws can significantly impact the efficiency, longevity, and performance of various applications, so choosing the right approach is key.
Here are some core benefits to using lubricated screws:
- Reduced friction and heat generation – The use of lubrication in screws reduces friction between the screw threads and the application they are being used in. This makes it easier to turn the screw, which also leads to a reduction in heat generation.
- Extended lifespan – With lubrication in place, less friction will be placed on the screw threads, resulting in a longer lifespan. This enhances durability for both the screw and the component it is being used within.
- Ease of installation – Lubricated screws make the installation process smoother, allowing for quicker assembly, directly impacting production costs and timelines.
- Corrosion resistance and prevention – Lubrication acts as a barrier that protects the screw from corrosion, making it particularly beneficial in harsh environments.
- Improved tension control – Lubrication also ensures that the applied force is being evenly distributed, resulting in the prevention of overtightening or undertightening of screws.
- Ease of removal – In addition to easy installation, lubrication can make screws easier to remove. This is particularly important for maintenance or repair tasks.
Applications That Benefit from Lubricated Screws
Seeing that lubricated screws provide so many advantages, implementing them into your operations can be a wise decision. Some applications that can benefit from using lubricated screws include:
- Automotive brake systems
- Actuators in aerospace engineering
- Exercise machines
- Decks and patios
- HVAC ductwork
- Faucet and pipe installations
- Electronic components
- Swimming pools
- Swing sets
- Laboratory equipment
- Medical equipment and devices
- And much more!
Specific lubrication requirements may vary based on factors such as environmental conditions, load capacity, and precision demands. Overall, the use of lubricated screws plays a crucial role in a wide variety of purposes.
Lubricated Screws from Kozak
Here at Kozak, we use Apiezon M silicone-free, high-vacuum grease for lubrication, allowing for easy application and smooth movements. This type of lubrication is applied to all of our matched sets.
We also provide lubricated screws for a variety of industries. Some of the core industries we serve include:
Choosing Kozak as Your Lubricated Screw Provider
When you shop Kozak Micro Adjusters for lubricated screws, you are ensured the following:
- Quick responses on inquiries
- Knowledgeable staff with over 40 years of experience
- Competitive pricing
- Quality control with full traceability
- Prompt delivery
- Reliable products all manufactured in the United States
It’s important to note that the choice of using lubricated screws depends on the specific requirements of the application, and that not all projects may benefit equally from lubrication. Here at Kozak, we also offer nonlubricated screws to meet your needs in such cases.
If you don’t want lubrication applied, no problem! Simply mention it in the comments section with “no grease” when you’re checking out.
Order Lubricated Screws Today!
Wanting to learn more about lubricated screws, as well as how our products can exceed your expectations? Contact our team today. We look forward to assisting you!